Effective Date: August 1, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address, login name and password, or financial information when you visit the Sites, create an account with us, or register a product with the Sites.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING INFORMATION
The information Ilmor collects and processes is for the following purposes:
- To generally improve and optimize our Sites (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Sites);
- To prevent fraud;
- To comply with applicable laws or legal process served on ILMOR or the Sites;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ILMOR;
- To act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of ILMOR, or the public;
- To communicate with you about our company, products and services;
- To fulfill any orders placed through the Sites (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- To facilitate your interaction through our Sites with other consumers, including through social networking; and
- To send you additional notices, advertisements, promotions, or other marketing materials regarding our Sites, our products, and the services of our businesses, affiliates, business partners, or authorized sales and service centers.
Ilmor processes this information where we have a legal basis to do so, which relies on one of the following:
- You have consented to our collecting and/or processing your personal information;
- Processing is required to execute a contract with you or to fulfill a request you have made;
- Processing is required to comply with laws that apply to Ilmor under EU or Member State law; or
- Processing is required for Ilmor’s legitimate interests in order to, for example, protect our business and properties, and more wholly understand our consumers.
Ilmor does not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. As such, we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The following outlines additional ways in which personal information is collected and processed:
Request for Information: If you request information about our products or services, or contact us with comments or requests, we will ask you to provide personal information and details, such as your name, email address, telephone number and details about your request or inquiry. We will use your details to provide you with the information you request, or with your permission, direct your request to the authorized Ilmor business partner or sales and service center in your area. We may also use our details to communicate with you about our products or services in the future.
Newsletters and Other Communications: From time to time, Ilmor may offer online newsletters or emails about our products, services and promotions. When you sign up to receive these communications, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, postal address or email address. We, or our authorized sales and service center in your area, will use your details to send you the information you request and to contact you about our products and services.
Surveys and Contests: From time to time, Ilmor may contact you with the opportunity to participate in online surveys or contests. We will request contact information (name, email address, etc.) and occasionally, demographic information (such as age, education level and income ranges). Participation in the surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you can decide whether you want to provide the requested information. We will use the information provided to improve our products, services, marketing materials and advertising, notify contest winners and award prizes, or analyze the information for marketing, quality and product use purposes.
Careers: Our Sites have a career page where you can search for available Ilmor job openings, and apply by submitting your personal information, such as your name, contact information, and job history, and/or a resume. We use the information you submit to evaluate your candidacy and contact you regarding possible employment.
Ilmor Online Store: Our branded merchandise is offered for sale by Ilmor directly from the Sites. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Sites, Ilmor or an authorized third party payment processor will collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
We automatically collect certain information about the devices used to interact with the Sites, including information about your web browser, IP address, and browsing activities through some of the cookies and beacons on our Sites. Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your devices when you visit certain websites, and are used to tell us how you are using our Sites. Cookies may help improve your online visits by saving your preferences when visiting a specific website. Most web browsers can advise when you have received a new cookie, how to disable existing cookies or how to stop accepting new cookies. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Sites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are third party electronic files used to collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We view the IP address of your device when connected to our Sites to determine the general locations of our website visitors and to enhance our Sites.
CHANGES TO BUSINESS STRUCTURE
In the event that Ilmor, one of its subsidiaries, or one of its Sites is sold, consolidated, or restructured, or undergoes any other corporate change, Ilmor has to right to transfer all information related to our Sites, including personal data, to the new ownership or operators, without limitation, during any due diligence process.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Ilmor Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. Should we legitimately discover that any data we have collected pertains to a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete all related information.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share the personal data you provide with third parties, such as business partners or authorized sales and service centers, to contact you regarding their products and services, and to send you notices, promotions, solicitations or other marketing materials.
We also share your information with third parties who help support our communications and marketing efforts, including but not limited to, newsletters, surveys, and product reviews. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose your personal information except as required to perform these services on our behalf or to comply with legal obligations, and they have no right to the data.
Third parties will collect information, potentially including personal information, about your activities over time and across different websites when you use the Sites. Those third parties provide Ilmor with data collection, reporting, and analytical information.
Third parties may use your data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of receiving advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Sites and elsewhere online.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you are permitted under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 to request information pertaining to the sharing of your personal information by us with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. We will provide you with a list of the fields of personal information shared, and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To request this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including evidence of your residence in California.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
INFORMATION WE TRANSFER
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ilmor maintains administrative, technical, and physical protections to guard against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction of the information you provide when visiting or using the Sites.
You have the right to access your personal information in order for data to be corrected, updated, or deleted. Additionally, you have the right to request a copy of your personal information, and in certain cases, request that we restrict or cease processing your information. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com, or through one of the methods shown below in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Should we receive an aforementioned request, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information. You will be notified of any actions taken pertaining to your personal data in response to any request.
When data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before such withdrawal. Additionally, you have a right to data portability when the data processing is contractually based between you and Ilmor and the data was processed by automated means.
You may exercise any of these rights above by submitting a written request to privacy@Ilmor.com. Ilmor will respond to your request within one month. Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate privacy or data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Ilmor retains all personal information for the duration of the relevant business relationship or, where required, in accordance with its data management policies and schedules. When deleting personal information based on a request by the data subject, Ilmor will make reasonable attempts to ensure that all instances of the information are deleted in their entirety. For requests for access, corrections, or deletion, please refer to the “Your Rights” section above.
Ilmor will keep a written Register of Data, which lists data processing activities by category. Ilmor will maintain the required documentation to show compliance with all its obligations and to allow audits, including inspections, to be carried out by Ilmor or another auditor it has mandated.
Ilmor Engineering, Inc.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
43939 Plymouth Oaks Boulevard
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 844-464-5667 or 734-456-3600